M C A McGrath
Worshipful Master
2023

The Lodge

The History of Pathfinder

The idea of the Lodge originated at a meeting of Brethren who were associated with the Scout Movement in February 1959, at which it was decided to form a branch of the Baden Powell Scout Guild (for former members of the Movement) until such time as the formation of a Lodge became a practical proposition. The branch was named Fidelity.

OUR MOTTO

Selected for the Lodge was, This is the Way, walk ye in it (Isaiah 30.21). The Lodge badge shows a Globe on which is superimposed a three-armed signpost showing Fidelity, Service (the old Rover Scout Motto) and Truth and is surmounted by a small replica of a Scout badge.

The name of the Lodge was taken from the well-known picture by Ernest Carlos depicting Christ with His hand on the shoulder of a Scout and was entitl’ed The Pathfinder.

“While Pathfinder Lodge has it’s origins in Scouting, the lodge has grown to accept men from all walks of life and retains its links with Scouting.” 

The Lodge was Consecrated in Sheffield on 5th October 1968, by the Provincial Grand Master for Yorkshire West Riding, R.W. Bro. H. Clifford Smith, J.P. There were 35 Founders and the Lodge was sponsored by Nevil Talbot Lodge No. 4092.